Something weird about myself
Do you have anything weird about yourself?
I do and quite a few. I only realised this could be ‘unusual’ after observing others for a long time…
1. I always sleep on the side of the bed closest to the bedroom door. It doesn’t matter if it’s on the right side or left side, or in the house or in a hotel. I always choose to sleep on the side closer to the bedroom door. Come to think of it, I was like that even when I was a kid or a single girl.
2. I eat sweetcorn horizontally in rows using lower teeth. I mean like a forklift truck I lift up two or three corns very carefully with lower teeth and eat. As a result my cobs are very neat and clean. There’s absolutely no waste. I take pride in my finished cobs!
3. My little fingers are visibly bent outwards because my piano teacher forced to open between the pinkies and ring fingers with a ruler repeatedly to make them reach farther when I was a child. My dad found it out later and got livid. He nearly took her to the court!
4. I don’t eat organs of animals. That’s probably why I’ve never tasted chicken liver pâtés. I just don’t like the idea of it. Now I admit it’s becoming a problem as I want to see myself in the food industry!
5. I don’t eat chicken and eggs (or any combination of family members) at the same time. I feel like I’m committing mini genocide.
6. I don’t walk under scaffolding – I think it’s purely because I’m scared of something falling on me. I’d rather walk on the road to avoid it.
7. When I blow nose, I close one nostril by pressing my finger against one side of my nose and blow gently out the open nostril. Actually it’s not weird, it’s just smart and effective. My dad taught it to me when I was a kid, and since then I did not understand people who didn’t do it and made huge noise!
That’s all for today. Oh dear, Monday is so slow.